Sunday, September 2, 2012

DIY~ Crayon Pumpkins

Autumn is officially upon us! (More or less) Of course, here in Florida it's likely we won't get much cold weather until January and the leaves don't change color, but it's nice to sit inside with a cup of hot cocoa, turn the AC down, close the curtains and pretend it's cold enough to wear layers of velvet and stompy boots. (In reality, last Christmas I sat outside on the dock in shorts and ate icecream.)

Right now, I'm in the hospital trying to navigate blogger on this stupid phone and get a post out to you guys. Basically, the infection and blood poisoning has gotten worse and the antibiotics weren't helping. (In fact not only am I allergic to Penicillin, it seems I'm allergic to that as well. Only small hives though, nothing like what happens when I take penicillin.)

They took some blood already. *shudder* Honestly, I'd rather have someone cut me or something then stick that needle in my arm. I'm deathly afraid of needles. I don't like any kind of thing under my skin that isn't a piercing.  That's the main reason I'm doing this now. (with only my left hand) I'm trying to distract myself from the IV drip and new antibiotics they've got me on. Moving my right arm results in burning pain as the catheter thingy touches my vein wall so that's a no-go. And you guys get to listen to me blather on in an effort to think about something else.  If I'm lucky and my white blood cell count is good then they'll send me home. I don't know what I'll do if I have to spend the night here.

I was going to do OddGhoulOut's obituary challenge, but it seems a little too morbid when I'm in the hospital. I promise I'll get to that next! Instead I found this.

I was on pinterest (The link to mine is somewhere over to the right) and I saw the most adorable idea for pumpkins! I don't like to cut mine, for the simple reason that I don't like cleaning all the guts out of them. Normally I'll paint them or think of some other new creative way to spruce them up. So I saw these and decided I might just have to try it.


You'd have an endless amount of crayons to choose from. Just imagine the color combinatons! I see a few black pumpkins in my future, perhaps with orange or red or purple and silver! I wonder how time-consuming it'll be. It can't take that long I don't think. Though you'll have to be careful with the hot wax. I can't imagine that would be pleasant to get on your skin.  


This was my favorite pumpkin last year.
The other two are my little brother's.

Well it's taken me a very long time to type this so hopefully they'll be back with my blood work soon. *crosses fingers*

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm back in the hospital because the antibiotics aren't working and it's spreading, so we'll see how it goes.

      Delete
  2. I love this! And that pumpkin of yours looks amazing! Hope you get better soon! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really hope so too XD I'm missing more school and marching band and it's going to take me FOREVER to make everything up >.<

      Delete
  3. Get well soon hunni! <3 and I hate needles too, unless you're piercing me with one, I don't wanna know -_-

    I love these pumpkin ideas, can't wait until the supermarkets are stocking the big pumpkins so I can get melting some crayola ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At this point I'm hoping I only need another day in the hospital. I've had an IV for the past 24 hours and I can tell you it is NOT comfortable >.<

      I'm a procrastinator so I tend to wait to buy my pumpkins until the day before Halloween XD I find a pumpkin patch and normally they're so eager to get rid of what they have left so I get pumpkins for nearly free! Then I spend the rest of the day decorating :)

      Delete